Thursday, February 4, 2010

Heart #3

"Educating your mind without educating your heart is no education at all".     Aristotle




Working today to finish up on curtains that I am sewing for my son and daughter-in-law.  They moved into a larger house this fall and are in need of some new window treatments.  Many windows had either original, old, dusty out-of-date colored shades and some had nothing.  The family room has been painted in a new color palette.  The "country blue" shades just don't look too good.

The panels are about complete, but the sewing machine started acting up.  After several attempts to solve the problem I gave up.  So today I will be looking to see if the problem can be solved or else it will have to go in for repair.  Luckily I have a back-up machine, not the best, but it will let me finish the hems.

Last night while watching and listening to "inspired at home's pajama party" on facebook, I made a neat little holder for my iPod Touch.  It's made from wool felt.  Going to finish up that later today too.  I'll post a photo when it's complete.  It needs some embellishing!

2 comments:

  1. Wow...this is awesome...they're lucky to have you and I love today's quote :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting Jan. I love sewing and decorating so I enjoy it, but I like to help out when I can.

    ReplyDelete