Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hearts #10

"A hundred hearts would be too few ... To carry all my love for you".  Unknown


Finally posting photos of the heart shaped ornament/card that I made to share.  Now that these two are complete it may be time to do more, maybe a different size, all one color palette or different materials.

Using a Sizzix Big Shot and a large heart die, I cut several hearts from a variety of patterned and plain papers.  If desired, the plain papers can be embossed using an embossing folder or left plain to write personal notes.  Use other die-cuts, stickers or any other related embellishment on the pages.  Adding a touch of glitter will make it sparkle.  From the ribbons, I hung a heart charm and some beads.  In the first photo the card is closed with a thin metallic ribbon (Kreinik).  Place it in a cellophane bag or other unique envelope and deliver it to that special someone.

So I'm set to bake my butter cookies tonight and decorate them.  Another treat that I'm be making are strawberry flavored rice krispy hearts for the family.  They were a big hit last Valentine's Day.  In place of the ordinary marshmallows, Kraft has strawberry flavored marshmallows at this time of year.  I add a little more strawberry flavoring and sprinkle on tiny white, pink and red hearts from Wilton. I use a couple different size cookie cutters to cut the treats into heart shapes.  Place them in a cellophane bag and tie with a pretty ribbon or cord.  Give the sweets to all your "sweets"

No comments:

Post a Comment