Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sorting And Organizing

"The object isn't to make art, it's to be in that wonderful state which makes art inevitable."  Robert Henri
Does this ever end?  I'm on to the next big job of sorting out and organizing.  One job that I dreaded tackling were the files that I have in my workroom.  Once upon a time they were neat and organized.  I am just tired of knowing I have information or a pattern or idea of something located SOMEWHERE in the piles of papers.  It's going to be a process, but I have begun to tackle it and making great progress.  I'm at the point that I have weeded out many of the things I know longer am interested in and many things that are copies.  It should be a few more days till I have everything sorted out in a way that will make it easy to find the information or ideas that I have saved as reference.  


Once this job is completed I'm moving on to tackle the cabinets and other storage in the room.  With the  amount of space I have now I can continue to move things around and spread them out to make it easier to locate materials.  With solid doors on the cabinets (which I thought of removing) I'm thinking of placing simple labels or coming up with something a bit more creative to mark them.  With slatboard on one whole wall, the materials that I want easy access to are right at hand.  I'm so glad that years ago I invested in the "elfa" storage system from the Container Store, though I need to reorganize many of the wire baskets.


Happy that I'm making progress. I do like to work on more then one project at a time but, I find it difficult to work when too much mess is around me.  I'm hoping to make a video of a "tour" around my space to share.  

No comments:

Post a Comment