Monday, March 29, 2010

Someone I Want You To Meet

"The artist's world is limitless.  It can be found anywhere, far from where he lives or a few feet away.  It is always on his doorstep."  Paul Strand


First let me apologize for not posting since Wednesday. My intentions were to end this "National Craft Month" by writing about some very creative people that I am lucky enough to be friends with.  I had several that I wanted to let you meet.  Sometimes life just gets in the way of our plans.  Since I was unable to follow through on my intentions, maybe I will make this idea a feature in my future blog posts.  I will choose someone once a month to introduce you to. Sounds like a plan to me!
Since the last day of March is quickly approaching, I would like to start this by having you meet a wonderful, sweet, amazingly creative lady today.  I begin with Rebekah for a number of reasons, the main one being that we live very close to each other and because of that we have become what I would say is very good friends.  I met her while we were both members of the Society of Creative Designers.  The organization introduced me to so many wonderful and creative people and also opened up a fantastic opportunity for me. Maybe more about that another time.

While attending seminars, conferences and trade shows, Rebekah and I got to know each other, but the fact that we live about five minutes from each other, gave us the chance to get together and just chat and share.
She is a versatile designer and has been creating wonderful patterns and designs for quite sometime.  Her work can be seen in several magazines and a number of books.  You can find out more about her by visiting her website or reading her blog.  Next month Rebekah will be teaching two classes at the International Quilt Festival, being held in Rosemont, Illinois.  The classes will feature techniques from her latest book called, "Fabric Art Collage" by C&T Publishing.  She will be teaching again later this year at the "Art & Soul" retreat, in October.  Check out the website for that and see what she will be doing.  (Just a quick note: I have to say that I have another friend from the area that will be teaching there too.  I will have to introduce Peggy Krzyzewski to you also in one of these post.)





The photos are from an evening I hosted for Rebekah when this new book was just released.  If any of you readers are "technique junkies" or love to work with fabric, this would be a must have in your library.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Madeline,

    The evening you hosted for my book is one that I will always remember and cherish. I am so blessed to have you as my friend and in my life.

    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete