Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Where Does The Time Go?

It's been more then a week since my last blog post.  Gosh, days have been so busy!  I sit here trying to remember where this last week has gone.

Most of the time was spend sewing curtains.  Worked on curtains for the bedroom windows for our two youngest granddaughters, plus kitchen curtains. Simple panels for all the rooms.
Somehow the measurement of the fabric for Tess's room was inaccurate.  Because of that I had to make some adjustments.  I had to add muslin to the top for the rod pocket and also the bottom.  Not wanting to have a plain white strip at the bottom, I decided to back felt with Thermo Web's Heat n Bond Ultrahold and then die-cut flowers and leaves with my Sizzix dies for my own iron-on embellishments.  They added just the right touch to the panels.

I don't get really fancy when sewing curtains, I let the fabric, the design and the colors make the statement.  More curtain sewing on the calendar for Matthew's house up next and than some glitzy curtains for Maddie's room.

Will be sharing a mixed media wall hanging to be donated for a fundraiser coming up in October.  Several other projects in the works.  Making pillowcases for hospitalized children with our quilting group.  Will be working on Halloween costumes for the little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment