Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year - New Decade

Happy New Year to you!  I wish you all a great new year ahead but for whatever reason I can't get excited about this holiday or why and how people celebrate it, never have and probably never will!  It was great to be away for a few days.  There were a couple of hours of craziness during the days away but it was still relaxing and enjoyable.  

Funny how the days since Christmas seem like a faint memory already.  We are about half way through the first week of the first month of this new year.  So what will this new year of a new decade bring?  Is there any easy way to answer that and really know?  I can't say that there is.

So did you make any "resolutions" for the new year? If you did I would love to have you comment on what and why.  I don't make resolutions but I am thinking and hoping about what I would like to do in the coming year.  There are a number of things that I wish will happen and hope to make happen this year.  Though I refuse to put so much pressure on myself to get it all done.

I have some ideas about changing and adding to my blog this year.  If you are a reader I would love to know what you like about coming here and what else you may like me to include.  Blogs are time consuming but I like this format of connecting with people.  I also would like to increase my followers and readers.  Though I know by tracking stats that there are many who have not become followers but come to the blog from time to time.  Come on and just sign up to follow!

I have a list of ideas to keep me in a "creative" mode. My hope is that some of them will be accomplished and that will make me feel productive. If I meet them all ... that would be even better, but no pressure!

The one thing that always comes first is my family and that will still be a priority.  With health issues still confronting us, those are my first concern.  I have and always will have the support from my husband and family for working on my creative goals.  We have discussed some of the projects that I would like to move forward with this year with a resounding, "Go for it!".  So that is my hope this coming year, to continue to "go for it", even though I may have to pause from time to time for other important issues of life.

"In the new year, may your right hand always be stretched out in friendship, never in want."
     -Irish Saying

No comments:

Post a Comment