Monday, November 21, 2011

Special Day

Madeline & Michael Arendt Bridal Party 11/21/70
A bittersweet day - so many things going through my head today.  I want to celebrate this day that is most meaningful to me - Our Anniversary!  Forty-one years ago today Mike and I took vows to love one another ... "in good times and bad, in sickness and in health, till death we do part".  It also happens to be the date of when I had to say my final good-bye to him that morning before he was placed to rest ... just one month ago.

There had been many tears shed this past week and have a feeling there may be several more days ahead that will be the same. I'm trying to find ways to cope with the sadness, the loneliness, but mostly the loss of his physical presence.  I find when I look through photos and see Mike's smile or the looks that only I can read on his face, it brings a smile to my own face, and I get a sense of him and all the wonderful things he possessed.
Everything I see, touch, watch, hear or think seems to all relate back to Mike or to our life together.  I had hoped that we would have had the chance to make more memories together but we must be satisfied with those we have from all our years together.  (Mike and I met in 1965, while we were in high school. - he a Senior at St. Patrick's and myself a Junior at Alvernia.) Others have not been as fortunate as us, so I will be grateful for our time.
Just love those "crossed-eyes"
I have wanted to write a post about this special day, even though Mike had to leave us,  and wanted to make it meaningful yet not sad.

Listening to songs that speak of what we shared are difficult. So many songs spoke my mix of feelings, but I wanted to try to be uplifting and smile about all our years together.  So Sweetheart, with every heartbeat,  this one is for you.


I miss spending this special day with you, leaving those cards for each other, and having a "dinner date".  I know that when I need you ... and I will - there you'll be!

Always & Forever
      XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment