Monday, May 7, 2012

Designer Craft Connection - May Edition & More

Here we are the first Monday of the month, when DCC has another round of ideas to hop around to.  This month I will not be participating, but I will be promoting those that are, plus some other news.

This month's theme was "Quick & Easy Jewelry ideas".  You can start at this link - and then hop through the bolts of those participating for some inspiration.  Or click on the same logo that is located in the right sidebar of my blog to begin the hop.
Later this week I will be a part of a "challenge"using products by Impress Art.  These products are something new to me and I was excited to take part in this and try something slightly unfamiliar to me. There is a "GIVE AWAY" for this hop and this photo shows what the winner will receive.
This challenge takes place May 12th.  There are at least 20 designers who will be involved.  I myself can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.  I've been working on a few ideas and hope that it will help those reading the blogs to try something new.  More information on Saturday, May 12th, the date of this hop and challenge.

Though I'm not part of this months hop on Friday, our little quilting group went on our own hop of some of the quilt shops not too far from where we live.  There were eight shops involved, though we only visited two, plus a wonderful yarn shop and had a delightful lunch in historic downtown of Crystal Lake.
Williams Street, Crystal Lake
The first was "Quilt in Joy",  located in Huntley, Illinois.  It was packed with an amazing array of fabrics and ideas.
Vintage display
Waiting to check out
Then it was on to Crystal Lake, for lunch at Benedict's ( the second of only two very good unique eateries).  The second quilt shop was "Material Girl", located in a truly vintage storefront that shows it's old-fashioned charm.  The last stop was to "Sunflower Samplings" which sells unique gifts, but has an gorgeous selection of yarns that only a speciality shop like theirs sells.  I did purchase a ball of yarn to make myself a quick, airy light weight scarf for the summer.

We were on the hunt for fabric for an upcoming project that we will be sewing in June at our monthly get together.  Here are the fabric combinations I bought to make samples of the "sew easy table runner" that I will be instructing the group to make.  Will share what becomes of these here in June.

I'm a little late getting this post up since I was away for part of the week-end but have already had the chance to check out a few of the "quick & easy jewelry" ideas that other designers have posted on their blogs and WOW ... fun ideas!  So start hopping through and more coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment